The time is right for a national forum on biodiversity oﬀsets to aid in shaping the future of environmental offsets in Australia. A national conference on biodiversity oﬀsets will provide an opportunity to:
• discuss their history and eﬀectiveness in addressing environmental impacts;
• share the experiences from all levels of government;
• learn from academics, the legal fraternity and those involved in oﬀset markets;
• hear from individuals involved in the hands-on delivery of oﬀsets;
• explore diﬀerent metrics for measuring impact and calculating oﬀset delivery; and
• debate the relative benefts of direct, indirect and ‘pay and go’ oﬀsets.
This conference will be of interest to policy makers, regulatory authorities, academics, oﬀset brokers, environmental practitioners, oﬀset providers and the legal fraternity. All participants will receive an understanding of every aspect of biodiversity oﬀsets and the opportunity to participate in closing
session aimed at identifying priorities for biodiversity oﬀset policy, science, markets and delivery in Australia.
We are currently putting the final touches on the program and this will be available shortly.
We are aiming to open registrations in early April 2019. Look out for this information!
Click here to download the event flyer →
Click here to download the sponsorship prospectus →