Supporting environmental practitioners to achieve excellence in environmental practice.
We will lead all environmental practitioners, support their profession, set standards for best available environmental practices and enable practitioners to promote and achieve a sustainable Australia and New Zealand.
Our values are embodied in our Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. All members agree to abide by this code in conducting their professional practice.
We value excellence in environmental practice.
This kind of practice is characterised by:
- The protection and enhancement of the environment for future generations through leadership in avoidance and mitigation of harms and adaptation to change.
- The preference given to the integrity and resilience of biological systems essential to the sustained wellbeing of human beings.
- Honest, objective and well-founded environmental practice based on scientific evidence.
- Environmental practice that goes beyond the minimum legal requirements.
- Environmental practice that is multidisciplinary and collaborative, integrating knowledge across domains and between stakeholders.