The Students and Early Careers Professionals (SECP) Network is an informal group set up to help share information between environmental students and young professionals in South East Queensland.
The network is open to all environmental students and young professionals. You don't need to be an EIANZ member to join, but there are added benefits if you are an EIANZ member.
An environmental student is any person who is a student, irrespective of age, studying or interested in environmental matters.
An environmental young professional is any person, working in any aspect of the environment industry, who is under 30 years of age or has less than 5 years of working experience.
Benefits of joining the SECP Network
- Invitations to fun and informative events specifically designed for SECPs such as career events, casual social networking events
- Opportunities to meet and network with other SECPs studying or working in the environment industry
- Opportunities to contribute and share information about environmental issues such as policy, practice and professional certification.
Additional benefits for EIANZ members include:
- A Mentoring Program where you can build a relationship and receive advice from an environmental professional to enhance your career prospects and knowledge of the environment industry
- A chance to contribute to the direction of the Institute by having your voice heard at SEQ Division Committee meetings
How can I get involved?
If you are looking for ways to get more involved with your professional association, the SECP Network is always looking for helping hands to coordinate events, share ideas and assist with our various professional development activities. This is also a great opportunity to meet other key players in the Institute and gain valuable experience and knowledge about the environment industry.