About the Scheme
An important role for any profession is nurturing the special knowledge that marks it out and overseeing the scope and quality of education for those entering the profession.
Environmental science and environmental management are two categories of undergraduate and post graduate study in Australia and New Zealand by which people enter the environment profession.
The scope of the EIANZ Qualifications Accreditation Scheme covers qualifications in these areas. Qualifications in these disciplines are not the only entry pathway to the environment profession. They are, however, a useful beginning point for the Qualifications Accreditation Scheme.
The EIANZ has successfully piloted the scheme using the Bachelor of Environmental Science taught at Griffith University.
The Qualifications Accreditation Scheme has been established by the EIANZ Board through By-law 17 – Qualifications Accreditation Scheme.
The Qualifications Accreditation Scheme Board
The Qualifications Accreditation Scheme is administered by the Qualifications Accreditation Scheme Board consisting of seven members drawn from across Australia and New Zealand, and representing both academic and professional interests. The Board includes a nominee of the Australian Council of Environmental Deans and Directors. It comprises:
- Assoc Prof Patricia (Trish) Fanning | Department of Environmental Sciences, Macquarie University, NSW
- Prof Chris Frid | Prof of Marine Biology, Griffith University, QLD (Representing the Australian Council of Environmental Deans and Directors)
- Emeritus Prof Tor Hundloe AM | School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Queensland, QLD (Founding President EIANZ)
- Dr Halina Kobryn | Senior Lecturer, School of Veterinary and Life Sciences, Murdoch University, WA
- Prof Sarah McLaren | Professor in Life Cycle Management, Massey University, NZ
- Prof Helen Ross | School of Agriculture and Food Sciences, University of Queensland, QLD
- Mr Jon Womersley | Womersley Environmental Management, QLD (Past President EIANZ)
Find out what courses have already been accredited →
Apply for accreditation
Expressions of interest or applications are invited from universities across Australia and New Zealand to participate in the scheme.
Find out more about applying for accreditation here →
Find out more about the fees here →
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Qualifications Accreditation Scheme at email@example.com