The purpose of the Policy Sub-Committee is to engage with and respond to governments on issues affecting environmental outcomes in South East Queensland and to enhance EIANZ's profile through this professional engagement.
Members of the Policy Committee will be involved in:
- Establishing, leading or contributing to professional discourse on good practice environmental management
- Identifying opportunities for input to the development of environmental policy and practice
- Preparing submissions that, consistent with EIANZ’s purpose, express a professional perspective on good practice environmental management
- Liaising with stakeholders such as government departments, other professional bodies, and community groups.
- Contributing to the strategic directions of the SEQ Division.
If you are interested in participating in the Policy Sub-committee, please contact Jon Womersley - Policy Chair.
Professional Development Sub-Committee
The aim of the Professional Development Sub-Committee is to provide members and environmental professionals with opportunities to gain knowledge and up-to-date best practice through professional and personal development.
- Formulates a regular calendar of events focussed on practical skills and latest industry, policy and research developments relevant to environmental professionals
- Delivers opportunities for members and environmental professionals to network
- Identifies where competencies can be enhanced within the Institute, from students and graduates through to general and specialised practitioners
- Assists SEQ Division, Standing Committees and Special Interest Sections to deliver interest and specialist skill-based programs.
If you are interested in participating in the Professional Development Sub-Committee, contact Danielle Bolton, SEQ Secretariat.