About the Scheme
An important role for any profession is nurturing the special knowledge that marks it out and overseeing the scope and quality of education for those entering the profession.
Environmental science and environmental management are two categories of undergraduate and post graduate study in Australia and New Zealand by which people enter the environment profession.
The scope of the EIANZ Qualifications Accreditation Scheme covers qualifications in these areas. Qualifications in these disciplines are not the only entry pathway to the environment profession. They are, however, a useful beginning point for the Qualifications Accreditation Scheme.
The EIANZ has successfully piloted the scheme using the Bachelor of Environmental Science taught at Griffith University.
The Qualifications Accreditation Scheme has been established by the EIANZ Board through By-law 17 – Qualifications Accreditation Scheme.
The Qualifications Accreditation Scheme Board
The Qualifications Accreditation Scheme is administered by the Qualifications Accreditation Scheme Board consisting of members from across Australia and New Zealand, and representing both academic and professional interests. The Board also includes a nominee of the Australian Council of Environmental Deans and Directors. It comprises:
- Adj Assoc Prof Jon Womersley (QAS Board Chair) | Womersley Environmental Management, QLD (Past President EIANZ)
- Prof Chris Frid | Prof of Marine Biology, Griffith University, QLD (Representing the Australian Council of Environmental Deans and Directors)
- Mr Clive Cook | Director of Clive Cook Consulting, QLD
- Prof Diane Pearson | Director of postgraduate program in Environmental Management, School of Environmental Sciences, Massey University, New Zealand
- Prof Emeritus Helen Ross | School of Agriculture and Food Sciences, University of Queensland, QLD
- Dr Katrina O'Mara | Senior Lecturer, School of Science, Edith Cowan University, WA
- Adj Prof Samantha Capon | Senior Principal NRM Consultant, Eco Logical Australia, QLD
Find out what courses have already been accredited →
Apply for accreditation
Expressions of interest or applications are invited from universities across Australia and New Zealand to participate in the scheme.
Find out more about applying for accreditation here →
Find out more about the fees here →
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Qualifications Accreditation Scheme at email@example.com