Join us at a workshop that explores what it is to be an environmental professional and practice ethically. No matter what your disciple or specialist field, as a professional you are committed to ethical standards, competence, integrity, the promotion of public good, and accountability to those served and society.
In a workshop setting, we will provide you with the opportunity to:
• understand ethics, morality, reputation and credibility; and the importance of ethical practice for community trust in professionals
• appreciate various perspectives of professionals, in different fields and disciplines, public and private
• learn about the EIANZ Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
• hone your capacity to identify and resolve ethical issues and dilemmas
• understand the ethical and accountability obligations of environmental professionals, both private and public; and
• network with other professionals after an afternoon wrestling with ethical issues
As an EIANZ member or a Certified Environmental Practitioner (or a CEnvP applicant) you have made a commitment to practice in accordance with the EIANZ Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. Attendance at this workshop will contribute toward meeting your professional development obligation. As an environmental professional or interested member of the public, the workshop will showcase the standards to which environmental practitioners should expect to be held accountable by those they serve and society. The workshop will be face to face, with guided group work, and plenty of opportunity for discussion.
The event will be held at Griffith University (Southbank Campus), Room S02-3.12 in the Webb Centre off Grey Street.
Join us after at The Ship Inn, Cnr Stanley & Sidon Streets, Southbank Parklands, Brisbane afterwards for beer and snacks. Places are limited so register early to secure your place. Register to come as a team.
4 October 2022
- 5:00 PM
Griffith University | South Bank Campus
226 Grey St,South Bank, Qld
$65 - EIANZ members, $40 - EIANZ Student members, $80 non-members
EIANZ Central Office on 03 8593 4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now and secure your attendance