NZ Chapter 2022 Symposium | Biodiversity
EIANZ New Zealand Chapter invites you to their annual Symposium, which always proves to be a very popular event on the New Zealand environmental calendar. This year the symposium will focus on the topic of Biodiversity.
Topics covered will include:
- Predator free Dunedin
- Fungal and bacterial diversity
- Ecological Impact Assessment Guidelines: what is working well and what can be improved
- Habitat Restorations Aotearoa: Reviving native ecosystems
- Jobs for nature projects being lead by mana whenua ki Otago: Case studies of biodiversity restoration from a mana whenua perspective
- Kelp forests of southern Aotearoa: function, loss, and the need for restoration
- The complex challenges of hoiho / yellow-eyed penguin conservation
- National Policy Statement for Indigenous Biodiversity
- Te Mana o Te Taio – the Aotearoa Biodiversity Strategy
- Dunedin City Council Biodiversity Policy
Download the symposium programme →
The symposium will be offered as both an in-person event in Dunedin and online for those unable to travel to Dunedin.
For those delegates attending the symposium in Dunedin there is the option to attend the symposium dinner and the field trip. The dinner will be held at tītī, in Saint Clair on Thursday 1 September. tītī is a restaurant who look to the ocean and land that surrounds us to find inspiration in their cuisine. The symposium field trip will take place on Friday 2 September and takes in the Otago Peninsula, a Monarch Wildlife Cruise and Yellow-eyed Penguin conservation reserve before heading back to Dunedin.
We are pleased to offer early bird rates. Register now to secure your discount. Early bird closes on Sunday 31 July 2022. Due to event logistics registrations for the in-person event will close on 18 August 2022, so book early to avoid disappointment!!
||EIANZ Student member
|In person registration
|Symposium field trip
Please choose the components of the symposium you wish to register for. Each component will be a separate registration to allow flexibility to mix and match which parts of the symposium you wish to attend.
Register to attend the symposium in person →
Register to attend the symposium dinner →
Register to attend the symposium field trip →
Register to attend the symposium online →
Attendance at this symposium will earn 1 per per hour to your CEnvP CPD log.
Thanks to our sponsor for this event