Join the NSW Division of EIANZ in conjunction with EIANZ's Contaminated Land Special Interest Section (SIS) as they present this one day forum on contaminated land and waste.
The forum will include regulatory updates by EPA NSW in regard to contaminated land, the underground petroleum storage regulation and waste management in regard to contaminated soil and resource recovery. Local government speakers will provide insight into the management of contaminated land and wastes from a local government perspective.
Information and updates on the CEnvP scheme and the Contaminated Land SIS will be provided, and consultants/auditors will present information on the need for improved and transparent skills, to address the increasing technical and regulatory complexities of the practice
A legal perspective will also be presented on the need for specialist practitioners, including information regarding the reality of "expert witnesses", and the liability examples of using unqualified practitioners.
The objectives of the forum are to:
- Increase and update the knowledge of regional practitioners in regards to contaminated land and waste regulations
- Increase the awareness of, and encourage uptake by practitioners to the EIANZ's Certified Environmental Practitioner Scheme for contaminated land specialists
- Encourage the uptake of a Northern Region contaminated land program similar to that recently undertaken in MIDROC
- Foster better working relationships between all aspects of our industry in the region
- Give regional practitioners face-to-face access to leading contaminated land and waste management practitoner's from government, industry and consulting sectors.
There will be a number of keynote speakers in attendance from both government and industry.
Find out more about the presenters
View the PROGRAM
21 Jun 2017
- 5:00 PM
240 River Street, Ballina, NSW, 2478
EIANZ Members $125, non-members $250
For event and registration inquiries please contact EIANZ Central Office on 03 8593 4140 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now and secure your attendance
Event date has passed