The Steps Program is the Institute's professional development program for early career environmental practitioners.
Aligned with the Institute’s mission to lead excellence in environmental practice, the Steps Program plays an integral role in building the knowledge and skills of environmental professionals, providing a pathway to skilled and ethical practice and potential certification.
The Steps Program offers a series professional development events aligned to the proficiencies set out in the EIANZ Proficiency Map for Environmental Practitioners.
Events focus on practical environmental management skills as well as important enabling skills that support effective professional practice, communication and decision making.
The Steps Program aims to:
- Advance the proficiency of early career environmental practitioners
- Bridge the gap for early career environmental practitioners between what they learn through tertiary study and the needs of modern workplaces in the private and public sectors
- Provide early career environmental practitioners with a structured and supported pathway to skilled and ethical environmental practice and potential future certification as an environmental practitioner
- Advance the profession as a service offering to members and potential members of an effective, responsive and sustainable professional body for environmental practitioners across Australia and New Zealand
Potential Pathway to Certification
Aligned with the Institute’s vision, the Steps Program plays an integral role in building the knowledge and skills of environmental professionals, providing a pathway to skilled and ethical practice and future certification as an environmental practitioner.
For more information on the Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP) Scheme visit www.cenvp.org.
There are four training modules offered by the Steps Program:
- Environmental Risk and Impact Assessment
- Environmental Ethics
- Communication and Consultation
- Professional Writing
How the Steps Program can help your staff
The Institute has designed the Steps Program to be a flexible, cost effective and results oriented development program, adaptable to in-house training delivery. A Steps Program training event can be commissioned exclusively for your staff.
Read more →
Find out more →
$300 per event for EIANZ members (inc GST)
$350 per event for non members (inc GST)
How to register
Steps events will be advertised on the EIANZ website under events.
The Steps Program is designed to continually evolve and improve through user feedback. Please contact the EIANZ Central Office Team with questions or comments.
Step Program review 2016-17
As flagged in the Corporate Plan, the EIANZ has commenced a review of the Steps Program. The review is being chaired by Janice van Reyk MEIANZ and involves representatives of the EIANZ Board, Certification Board, Advisory Council, Students and Early Careers Committee and Central Office. During January and February 2017, the review committee will be seeking input from EIANZ members and undertaking additional targeted consultation in line with the review’s terms of reference.
Review the terms of reference →