The accreditation process is an ongoing cycle, which begins with a rigorous assessment and review of the environmental studies program and programs/courses in environmental science or environmental management submitted for accreditation by the host institution.
Once accredited, the environmental studies program and accredited programs/courses will be subject to annual reporting requirements throughout the five year term of accreditation. In the fifth year of accreditation, the host institution will be invited to submit the environmental studies program and accredited programs/courses for re-accreditation.
The accreditation process is outlined below:
- Expression of interest | The accreditation process begins with the submission of an expression of interest form by the host institution.
- Application | An expression of interest will be responded to by inviting the host institution to apply for the accreditation of one or more of its programs/courses
- Accrediation submission | The host institution prepares an Accreditation Submission for the programs/courses for which accreditation is being sought
- Visiting panel | The host institution arranges for a Visiting Panel to review the Accreditation Submission, delivery of the environmental studies program, and the teaching of the programs/courses for which accreditation is sought.
- Accreditation decision | The Visiting Panel prepares its report and recommendations on the programs/courses for which accreditation is sought, and submits it to the QAS Board for decision.
- Annual maintenance | The host institution provides an annual report on the performance of the environmental studies program and the delivery of the accredited programs/courses to the QAS Board.
- Re-accreditation | The QAS Board invites the host institution of accredited programs/courses to apply for re-accreditation.
A schematic of this process, with timings is available here →
Detailed information about the accreditation process is available in the Qualifications Accreditation Scheme Manual →
Submit an Expression of Interest or Application
Expressions of interest are invited from universities across Australia and New Zealand to participate in the scheme. Please complete the Expression of Interest or an application form below:
Expressions of Interest form can be found here →
An application form can be found here →
Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a covering letter addressed to the Chair, Qualifications Accreditation Scheme Board.