EIANZ WA Division's 2024 Mentoring Program aims to connect experienced environment professionals with early career mentees seeking to further their professional development.
Registrations are now open until 16 February 2024. Find out how to apply below!
Professional mentoring is a powerful tool for environmental professionals at any stage of their career.
For students and early career practitioners seeking to further their professional development, mentoring can be invaluable in helping to realise the steps to growth, and as a support in navigating tricky workplace dilemmas where the right choice is not always clear. For experienced professionals, the responsibility of helping guide someone’s career and goals requires the mentor to teach, motivate and offer honest feedback in difficult conversations.
Recognising the need for a multi-disciplinary approach to progress environmental practice and advocate to improve sustainability outcomes, the EIANZ WA Division has opened up the mentoring program to include participation from Sustainability, Heritage and Social Impact practitioners.
Benefits of professional mentoring
As a mentee, a positive mentoring relationship will:
- Provide a confidential forum for independent and objective advice
- Help clarify and enhance your career direction
- Provide support during times of change or transition
- Help connect you to new opportunities and networks of people in the industry
- Deepen your knowledge of the industry, easing the transition from university to real-world work
As a mentor, you can:
- Build confidence in your leadership skills
- Support the next generation of practitioners
- Work towards your CPD hours and points
- Transfer your skills and knowledge
- Reflect on your own practice and re-energise your career objectives
The 2024 program
EIANZ WA Division's Mentoring Program will run from March to December 2024. A variety of events will be held throughout the program. The Program structure includes:
- Program introduction – eligible mentees/mentors will be invited to attend the speed pairing event via Zoom on 13 March 2024. This event will help us match mentors with mentees. It also allows participants to learn more about the program.
- Arrange your first mentoring session with your mentor/mentee and agree on the frequency and format of the catch-ups.
- Program Support – we will provide regular mentoring themes for guidance and follow-ups on your mentoring journey throughout the year.
- Mid-Year Networking – attend the mid-year event, share insights and learn from other's experience.
- End of year celebration – scheduled for early December 2024, it’s time to reflect and celebrate.
Mentees: free for mentees who are EIANZ members and $75 for non-members.
Mentors: free for mentors.
How to participate?
Register via the mentor or mentee buttons below to be considered for this program. On the registration page please make sure you fill in the mentor / mentee forms which will help us pair you with a suitable mentor / mentee. Please register before 16 February 2024, after which registrations will close.
ReGISTER AS A MENTEE →
REGISTER AS A MENTOR →
What happens next?
You will be notified of your pairing by mid-March 2024.
If you are not successfully paired, mentees who paid a participation fee will receive a refund.
If you have any questions regarding the program please refer to the FAQ's document here →
Join us for this popular and rewarding program!