EIANZ NSW Division's 2024 Mentoring Program aims to connect experienced environment professionals with student and early career mentees seeking to further their professional development. The program is open to environment practitioners of all experience levels.
Registrations are now open until 23 February 2024. Find out how to apply below!
Professional mentoring is a powerful tool for environmental professionals at any stage of their career. A positive mentoring partnership can promote confidence, instil ethics, inspire passion and stimulate career growth.
For students and early career practitioners seeking to further their professional development, mentoring can be invaluable in helping to realise the steps to growth, and as a support in navigating tricky workplace dilemmas where the right choice is not always clear.
For experienced professionals, being a mentor improves leaderships skills and instils confidence in their leadership ability. The responsibility of helping guide someone’s career and goals requires the mentor to teach, motivate and offer honest feedback in difficult conversations.
Benefits of professional mentoring
As a mentee, a positive mentoring relationship will:
- Help deepen your knowledge of the industry, bridging the gap between studies and real-world work
- Provide a confidential forum for discussing work, career and other topics of interest
- Connect you to new opportunities and networks of people in the industry
- Set you up for success through the opportunity to learn from your mentor’s career experience and lessons.
As a mentor, you can:
- Contribute to the development of the environmental practice profession
- Polish your leadership and communication skills
- Pass on your valuable skills and knowledge
- Nurture new talent
- Meet your CPD hours and points requirements.
The 2024 program
EIANZ NSW Division's Mentoring Program will run from March to December 2024. A variety of events will be held throughout the program. The Program structure includes:
- Program introduction – Attend the kick-off event in late March, where you can meet your mentor/mentee and learn more about the program.
- Arrange your first mentoring session with your mentor/mentee and agree on the frequency and format of the catch-ups
- Program Support – We will provide regular mentoring themes for guidance and follow-up on your mentoring relationship throughout the year
- Mid-Year Networking – Attend the mid-year event to allow relationship building and learning from each other's experiences
- End of year celebration – time to reflect and celebrate in early December 2024.
How to participate?
Professionals of all experience levels are encouraged to apply.
The program is free for mentees who are EIANZ members and $75 for mentees who are not EIANZ members. There is no charge for mentors to be part of this program.
Register via the mentor or mentee buttons below to be considered for this program. On the registration page please make sure you complete the mentoring pairing survey, which will help us pair you with a suitable mentor / mentee who would have beneficial skills and similar interests. Please register before Friday 23 February 2024, after which registrations will close.
ReGISTER AS A MENTEE →
REGISTER AS A MENTOR →
What happens next?
We will notify successful mentoring pairs by early March 2024. Priority may be given to EIANZ members during the matching process.
Please note that registration payment does not guarantee a mentoring match. If you are not successfully paired, mentees who paid a registration fee will receive a refund.
We look forward to having you as part of this very rewarding program.