The Advisory Council (AC) serves as the primary link between the Board and members of the Australian Divisions, the New Zealand Chapter and Special Interest Sections. The AC meet at least quarterly to consider specific requests for advice from the Board, matters of their own discretion and matters within the scope of the purposes of the Institute. The Board consults with the Council on strategic directions, the Corporate Plan, the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and the making, amendment or repeal of by-laws.
The AC is comprised of the Presidents of the Australian Divisions, the New Zealand Chapter and the Chairpersons of each Special Interest Section.
At the most recent meeting of the AC on 3 August 2016, the following matters were discussed, with actions generated for future meetings and out of session discussions:
- Briefing from AC Chair on Board Resolutions, actions and activities
- Communications process between Board and Advisory Council
- Update on sub-committees
- Update from the President on:
- EIANZ Corporate Plan 2016-19 with an invitation for AC comment
- Statement of Corporate Governance with a request for any further information that will assist implementation
- Updated By-laws and invitation for AC comment
The AC is an active group that engages closely with the respective Committees and groups associated with its membership.
You can find minutes from past Advisory Council meetings on the website here. Minutes are available to members only. Make sure you are logged into the website to view them.