The International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA), in association with the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ), is offering financial assistance for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori delegates to attend the IAIA Conference in Brisbane from 29 April to 2 May. The conference is expected to attract around 1,000 delegates from 80 countries and feature a wide variety of topics related to environmental, social and economic impact assessment.
IAIA will provide free conference registration and (for delegates outside the Brisbane region), up to A$1,000 towards travel and accommodation costs. Brisbane-based delegates will receive free registration only. Travel and accommodation will need to be paid by the delegate or their organisation in advance and the agreed assistance will be paid at the conference on production of receipts.
Funding is limited, and applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Must be an Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or Maori person
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in environmental, social or economic impact assessment
- Must have a Diploma or a Bachelors degree in a field related to environmental, social or economic impact assessment
- Must work in a leadership position in a private, public or community sector organisation
- Must work in impact assessment, environmental management, natural resource management or a related field
- Be able to demonstrate how they will take knowledge gained from the conference back to their workplace to influence decision making
- Be able to mentor other indigenous professionals.
A condition of funding is that delegates agree to submit to EIANZ within one month of the conference a paragraph about how they benefited by attending IAIA19.
Applications for funding must address each of the above criteria and be submitted to email@example.com by 8 March 2019. Applications should also include a current CV.
Successful applicants will need to confirm by 22 March that they are able to attend.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.