The Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ) is seeking a passionate university student wishing to complete their professional placement with an environment-focused not-for-profit based in Melbourne, Victoria.
About the professional placement
As a valued member of the EIANZ Central Office, your communication and teamwork skills will contribute to the creation of the Institute’s professional development programs including EIANZ Steps, a program designed to support early-career environmental practitioners in their transition from university to the workplace. You will be working closely with the Professional Development Coordinator to implement the program across Australia and New Zealand. The placement must contribute to your university degree and be completed between May and July 2019 (inclusive).
What we are looking for:
We are seeking someone with desktop research capabilities, high attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
What we offer:
• Gain experience and develop skills relevant to the workplace
• Develop your awareness of professional ethics and obligations
• Negotiable duration (depending on your university requirements)
• Flexible hours and your choice of working days
• A supportive, friendly office environment located near public transport in Balwyn, Victoria
The Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ) is the leading professional association for environmental practitioners across Australia and New Zealand. Our members come from all areas of environmental practice and are at the forefront of challenging and complex issues such as climate change, sustainability and preserving biodiversity.
Our Mission is to connect and support environmental practitioners to promote a sustainable future.
Our Vision is to:
- Promote excellence in practice by supporting our members in their professional development throughout their careers
- Support the profession in its contribution to good environmental outcomes
- Be credible, respected and valued
- Represent the diversity of the profession
- Excellence: we establish and encourage high standards of science, policy and practice
- Ethics: we are accountable and share a commitment to ethical professional practice
- Engagement: we are actively engaged in our profession and advocate constructively for evidence-based environmental management.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Dannielle Graham, Professional Development Coordinator EIANZ at email@example.com or +61 3 8593 4145.
Please provide a resume, proof of your university enrolment and details of the requirements of your professional placement to Dannielle Graham, Professional Development Coordinator EIANZ, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm Friday 19 April AEDT.
Applications for this position are now closed.