Are you passionate about compliance and conflict resolution in a customer focussed team culture?
Brisbane City Council have career building opportunities for you to promote best practice Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) standards within the building and construction industry in the Brisbane area.
Working within Council’s Compliance and Regulatory Services Branch, you will be equipped with a variety of skills and experience. These include interpreting plans relating to erosion and sediment control in a legislative and regulatory context. Your highly effective conflict resolution skills will be essential as you apply strong interpersonal skills working directly with diverse customers across the city.
You will work in a supportive team environment, while working autonomously, and receive training in a unique regulatory environment.
Working as a compliance enforcement officer you will need to have:
- Ability to undertake investigations and compliance enforcement actions, including the issuing of statutory notices and high value infringement notices.
- Ability to acquire knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
- Experience interpreting erosion and sediment control plans and promoting best practice ESC in accordance with the current International Erosion Control Association (IECA) standards.
- Effective conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Success working autonomously and within a high performing team
- A current C class driver’s licence
- Qualifications in either engineering or environmental science is desirable but not essential
Experience in compliance and enforcement would be an advantage.
How to apply
Apply on the Brisbane City Council website with a current resume and covering letter (of no more than one page) addressed to Robyn Keen that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applications close 14 January 2018.
Find out more or apply →