- Manage your own projects and work across a variety of sectors
- AECOM offers flexible working arrangements (e.g. part time, working from home)
- Join a team of world technical experts
Expand on your high profile project experience across a range of sectors including transportation, renewable energy, water utilities, sports and recreation, defence, oil and gas, etc.
We have a unique opportunity for a driven Senior / Principal Environmental Scientist to be a part of our leading Impact Assessment and Permitting Team based in the Canberra CBD and to take the next step in their career.
Reporting into the Team Leader - Environment, you will be part of a high performing and dynamic team renowned for delivering best practice environmental advisory services for all phases of our clients’ infrastructure projects from planning to construction.
This position will provide you with a step-up in experience, client exposure and a greater level of responsibility working on a diverse array of high profile, major infrastructure assessment projects across a range of sectors, including transport (road/rail/ports/air), water utilities, renewable and traditional energy, sports and recreation, oil and gas, defence and urban renewal property sectors. You will work amongst a team of experienced peers and alongside our clients, while learning first-hand from our in-house senior advisors and technical leaders.
We are looking for an experienced environmental candidate who can prepare and project manage timely and high-quality environmental impact assessments, constraints analyses, strategic assessments and environmental management plans and assist in the organisation of resources, budgets and timelines for the management of these projects.
You will develop your existing skills further by working collaboratively to prepare advice, reports and proposals to clients, and develop effective relationships with our clients, in-house design teams and technical specialists to ensure projects are delivered successfully. You will also be responsible for key project related tasks as required, which may include studies and assessments, data analysis, technical writing, and presentations.
Our team here at AECOM is connected to our colleagues across Australia and New Zealand, and globally across the world, which allows our team to take up opportunities to work on exciting projects in a variety of regions on both a short term and long term basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline (e.g. B. Env Sc, Env Planning, Env Eng.)
- 8+ years of relevant impact assessment experience
- Experience working for a consultancy (preferred)
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to manage budgets
- Experience working on ACT and Commonwealth Projects (preferred)
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary CBD offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Applications close 6 March 2018.