Contaminated Land Consultant, Senior Project Scientist/Engineer
As a result of the expansion of the company on a national level, JBS&G is looking to employ a Senior Environmental Scientist/Engineer in the JBS&G Brisbane office. The successful candidate will have opportunities to work on projects across a number of industry sectors including property development, government panel, due diligence assessment, contaminant fate/transport modelling, ecological and/or human health risk assessment and environmental approvals.
The right person will have the opportunity to work with a range of top class in house technical specialists in risk assessment, hydro-geology, groundwater remediation systems and site audits. Further they will be mentored by one of JBS&Gs highly experienced industry leaders to further develop their skills and capabilities in a professional environment. With projects across all of Australia, for those that like to travel there are also good opportunities for short project related travel within both Queensland and nationally.
The position is based in JBS&G’s Brisbane office, located in the Santos building on Turbot Street.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- 4 to 8 years’ experience in contaminated land assessment / management / remediation
- Engineering or science degree with a sound understanding of geology and/or hydrogeology
- Australian Citizen, or existing current visa to undertake a full-time permanent role
- A positive attitude
- A long history living and working in QLD with an established client network desirable
- A broad range of environmental consulting experience (e.g. contaminated sites, contaminant fate/transport modelling, site remediation, ecological and/or human health risk assessment, environmental approvals)
- A willingness to be involved with business development
- A willingness to develop new skills, including technically challenging tasks
- A willingness to work with and assist in the development of junior staff
- High level of reporting skills
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Department of Defence experience (highly desirable)
A competitive and attractive salary package will be offered to the right applicants, including a phone/allowance and contributions toward professional development (eg, short courses and/or postgraduate university courses). JBS&G has an open and friendly work environment with a relatively flat management structure where every employee is respected for their contribution to the success of the company.
Interested applicants are requested to forward their applications, including a cover letter and a full CV of qualifications and experience to the QLD Operations Manager either adminQLD@jbsg.com.au by Friday 20 January 2017.
Find out more about JBS&G here >