Based on feedback provided at the 2017 Impact Assessment Symposium, the EIANZ Impact Assessment SIS put out a call for expressions of interest for a Social Impact Assessment Working Group in its May newsletter last year.
In July 2017, three co-convenors - Dr Sheridan Coakes, Louise Bochner and Rachel Maas - were appointed. The co-convenors set the aim of the SIA Working Group as:
- Providing networking opportunities for SIA practitioners
- Building and share SIA knowledge and lessons learnt
- Facilitating the improved integration of SIA practice within Impact Assessment.
To facilitate the development of the SIA working group, the co-convenors released a survey from October 2017 through to January 2018. The purpose of the survey was to:
- further identify SIA practitioners across Australia and New Zealand who would like to be involved
- Gather feedback on an appropriate group structure and action plan for 2018-19
- Ensure that the group has relevance to those seeking membership and input.
Based on the results of the survey, a draft Action Plan was developed and a call for SIA practitioners to help deliver the actions was sent out in January 2018. The co-convenors received a fantastic response and the initial EIANZ Working Group meeting was held on 13 February 2018.
If you’re interested in becoming part of the SIA Working Group or would just like to be kept in the loop with the our activities and events, please contact the co-convenors at email@example.com.