Are you interested in promoting good practice in impact assessment and willing to set aside a few hours a month to advance your profession? The EIANZ Impact Assessment Special Interest Section has two vacant positions on its management committee and is seeking nominations.
The SIS has an active program with a number of recent achievements:
- Developing criteria for certification of impact assessment professionals
- Negotiating memorandums of understanding with the International
- Association for Impact Assessment and the New Zealand Association for Impact Assessment
- Running workshops at EIANZ conferences
- Developing guidance on good practice in impact assessment and contributing to EIANZ Position Statements
- Developing a guidance paper on scoping in impact assessment
- Preparing submissions on government policy documents and for parliamentary inquiries.
The management committee meets by teleconference approximately five times per year (around one hour each time) with email exchanges in between. Committee members would be expected to contribute to advancing the work of the SIS between meetings. Nominees should have at least five years’ experience in impact assessment.
If you would like to nominate or have any questions, please contact the Chair of the SIS, Lachlan Wilkinson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0421 603 721.
Nominations are sought by Friday 18 December.