The EIANZ, in conjunction with the NZ Chapter, is offering seven grants for students and early career professionals to attend the upcoming Annual Conference in Auckland, NZ on 17 - 19 October 2023.
The theme for this year's conference is Leading the wave of change | Aratakina te ngaru o te huringa and will focus on topics such as:
- Leading legislation: What the RMA and EPBC Act reforms mean in practice
- Waves in our freshwater: improving stewardship of freshwaters
- Just how vulnerable are our cities? And how do we make them more resilient?
- Incorporating indigenous environmental practice: the way of the future?
- Making the best of sustainable design in a circular economy
- The conundrum of contaminated land and sediments
- Ecological Integrity and effective conservation measures to address decline in biodiversity
- Transformative environmental leadership for Impact Assessment in the Pacific region
- Hastening action on climate change to reduce emissions to net zero
Further information and how to register for the conference can be found here →
The grants can be used to cover any combination of flights, conference tickets, conference events, accommodation, meals, and non-alcoholic drinks. The grant will be to the value of $1,000 (AUD) per recipient. Recipients will be required to produce all receipts related to their expenditures. Applicants can apply from any region across both Australia and New Zealand.
Applicants for the Annual Conference Travel Grant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- All applicants must be an EIANZ member during the application and the Annual Conference periods.
- All applicants must be current Student Members, or Associate Members who have not worked in the environmental industry for more than five years (by the end of the calendar year).
Applications for the travel grant will close on Monday 21 August 2023, with successful applicants announced on Friday 25 August 2023.
View the travel grant terms and conditions here →