The SEA Working Group seeks to:
- share knowledge and experience of strategic approaches/SEA in the Australian/ New Zealand context
- build a basic understanding of strategic approaches and SEA as terms and concepts with good practice examples
- identify potential champions for strategic approaches in government and the private sector
- highlight where there may be upcoming opportunities for a more strategic approach in planning, impact assessment and/or decision-making
- establish a ‘community of practice’ for strategic approaches to impact assessment.