The Heritage Special Interest Section (Heritage SIS) was established following endorsement from the EIANZ Board on the 2 November 2016. The purpose of the Heritage SIS is to:
- Develop and promote knowledge about this specialised area of environmental practice
- Advance the professional standing and recognition of heritage practitioners through the CEnvP Scheme.
The Management Committee for the Heritage SIS comprises the following EIANZ members:
- Shaun Canning FAAS MAACAI MEIANZ M.ICOMOS CEnvP (Chair)
- Kasey Robb MEIANZ (Deputy Chair)
- Damian Wall MEIANZ CEnvP (Secretary)
- Mark Butz MEIANZ
- Mary-Jean Sutton
- Vanessa Hardy MEIANZ M.ICOMOS
- Claire Everett MEIANZ
- Kasey Robb MAACAI MEIANZ
- MacLaren North MEIANZ, M.ICOMOS, CPPM
- Richard Sharp FEIANZ CEnvP
Key activities for 2017-18
- Convene a heritage field trip for both the 2017 and 2018 EIANZ Annual Conference
- Organise a special issue of the Australasian Journal of Environment Management dedicated to heritage policy and practice
- Prepare guidance notes for the establishment of a Certified Environmental Practitioner heritage specialisation under the Australian and New Zealand CEnvP scheme.
If you are an EIANZ member and would like to become involved with the Heritage SIS and its activities, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.