The Ecology Special Interest Section (SIS) provides a focus on the ecology profession, drawing on the strengths of EIANZ members and Certified Environmental Practitioners. The Ecology SIS encourages active dialogue and participation in robust discussions around current and emerging trends, issues and challenges in ecology.
In 2010, Ecology was included as a specialist certification category in the Certified Environmental Practitioner Scheme.
Purpose of the Ecology SIS is to:
- Advance the professional standing and recognition of ecology practitioners through the CEnvP Scheme.
- Develop and promote knowledge about this specialised area of environmental practice
The Management Committee for the Ecology SIS comprises the following EIANZ members and Certified Environmental Practitioners (CEnvPs):
- Richard Sharp FEIANZ CEnvP | Chair
- Nelson Wills MEIANZ CEnvP | Deputy Chair
- Jacinta Saad | Secretary
- Mervyn Mason CEnvP (Ecology Specialist)
- David Wassman MEIANZ CEnvP
- Bonita Siu
- Liam Hogg MEIANZ
Key activities for 2019 - 2020
- Organise a special issue of the Australasian Journal of Environment Management dedicated to ecological policy and practice
- Convene a number of special one-day forums on innovative and technology matters relevant to ecological policy and practice.
Find out more or get involved
Any members who would like to participate in the Ecology SIS and support the continuation of this important role within the Institute are encouraged to contact Richard Sharp FEIANZ, CEnvP and Chair of the Ecology SIS, at email@example.com.