The Ecology Impact Assessment (EcIA) Guidelines have been prepared by a group of ecologists to contribute to raising the standard of practice of ecological assessment in New Zealand, and provide a reference document for students and practitioners. They aim to:
- Improve the scientific rigour, objectivity and consistency of EcIA
- Assist consultants and officers in local and central government working with AEEs
- Improve community confidence in the ability of professionals to undertake impartial assessments
- Guide policy around biodiversity management
- Contribute to better decision-making on environmental matters.
The guidelines are available free to all ecologists.
The New Zealand Chapter is seeking comment and feedback from those using the guidelines by email to: email@example.com