The practice of social impact assessment is changing. A requirement for higher standards is being driven by new guidelines requiring adherence to leading practice principles and social science methodogies.
The SIA working group of the EIANZ would welcome the participation of SIA practitioners, educators, regulators and anyone elsee with an interest in this topic.
Meet the speakers:
- Dr Richard Parsons | NSW Government
- Dr Sheridan Coakes | Umwelt Consulting
- Jane Munday | Charles Darwin University
- Alexandra Blood | Board Chair of CEnvP
- University of Queensland speaker | TBA
- Rachel Maas | Co-convenor of the SIA Working Group
This will be followed by a facilitated discussion with the aim of producing an action plan for the launch of a national certification framework.
- The pros and cons of certification
- What would certification look like and how would it be implemented
- What are the skills, competancies and experience of a 'suitably qualified' social impact assessment practitioner
- What accreditated training and professional development would help implement certification?
This event is free but please RSVP for catering purposes and so that we are able to send you the program and discussion papers.