This workshop will focus on equipping young professionals and students members with the skills and confidence to consider opportunities to drive business development within their respective organisations. More broadly we hope to encourage our participants to engage in meaningful conversations with their industry contacts and peers. The workshop themes will cover achieving social impact and positive environmental outcomes. These essential networking and communication skills can be used to drive successful business partnerships, collaboration opportunities and positive client relationships. The workshop will cover:
- What does Business Development networking look like, what forms does it take? Why is it important that even as a graduate/young professional you engage in Business Development work and how can you contribute? Or as a student job seeker, you know what business development looks like.
- What are key networking skills for building business partnerships and how should you practice them?
- How can participants develop a networking strategy (ie identifying events, attending events, follow up communication) These skills are relevant to student job seekers and established professionals.
The workshop will be followed by an informal networking opportunity held in the bar. This a fantastic opportunity to:
- Undertake professional development
- Grow skills to make you more employable
- Meet a bunch of like minded people working and studying in the environmental field and interested in positive impact.
LaunchPad is a social enterprise dedicated to empowering individuals to plan, design, launch and/or re-launch their career with sustainability and positive social impact in mind. They achieve their goal through the delivery of workshops that focus on subjects such as: Identifying Your GPS, Effective Engagement Strategies and Maximising Opportunities in a Networking Scenario Pre-positioning and Effective Relationship Development Strategies - for Your Chosen Career/ Industry Creating Breakthrough Opportunities with Individuals and Organisations - Sealing the Deal Performing at Your Optimum Level Leading to a Fulfilling Career - Teamwork and Collaboration
Light refreshments and drinks will be provided.
Thanks to our event partner:
31 Oct 2019
- 8:30 PM
The Oxford Scholar
427 Swanston Street, Melbourne
EIANZ Members $10.00 | Non-members $20.00
30th Oct 19 4:00 PM
Enquiries: 03 8593 4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now and secure your attendance
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed