The SEQ Divison of EIANZ in collaboration with Birdlife Southern Queensland invite you to join in this unique event offering. Limited to only 10 participants, it consists of 6 half day workshops, which will focus on skills to be able to identify birds in the field. The workshops will explore the following habitat types within the greater Brisbane region
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Develop/refine skills in bird identification by sight and sound.
- Be confident using binoculars and scopes in the field.
- Learn how to detect feeding, roosting and breeding habitats used by birds.
- Understand the suite of ecological resources used by birds.
- Visit at least six broad ecosystem types with various bird habitats.
- Recognise ecological gaps and threatening processes and how these impact birds.
- Learn about bird conservation activities.
- Use citizen science apps (eBird and Birddata) and other birding resources.
- Be trained in nationally recognised bird survey methodologies.
- Learn about birding organisations locally and nationally.
Click here for more detailed information on the workshops >
Each workshop will begin at 6:45am and conclude at 12:00pm. This event consists of 6 half day workshops - they are not available to attend individually.
Thanks to our sponsor
- Full refunds will be given for any cancellations made one week prior to the first event on 21 March 2021
- Cancellations made less than one week but more than 24 hours prior to the first event will attract at 50% penalty
- There will be no refund provided for cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the first event and no refunds will be given after the series has commenced
- Delegates who are unable to attend a subsequent event/s are welcome to send an alternative delegate
- Organisers reserve the ability to suspend or change event dates based on Government health directives or due to particularly inclement weather
- In circumstances where the organiser makes changes, participants will be contacted and presented with options appropriate to the circumstances.
10 Apr, 16 May, 19 Jun, 17 Jul, 14 Aug, 18 Sept 2021
$500 EIANZ members, $325 EIANZ student members, $650 non-members
Register now and secure your attendance