Join us at a workshop that explores what it is to be an environmental professional. No matter what your speciality, as a professional you will be committed to ethical standards, competence, integrity, the promotion of public good, and accountability to those served and society.
In a workshop setting, we will provide you with the opportunity to
- Learn about the EIANZ Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Hone your capacity to identify and resolve ethical considerations
- Understand the ways in which environmental professionals are accountable to society; and
- Network with other professionals after an interesting day.
As an EIANZ member or a Certified Environmental Practitioner you have made a commitment to practice in accordance with the EIANZ Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. Attendance at this workshop will contribute towards meeting your professional development obligation.
As an environmental professional, the workshop will showcase the standards to which environmental practitioners should expect to be held accountable by those they serve and society. The workshop will be face to face event, with guided group work, plenty of opportunity for discussion and facilitated by Jon Womersley and Dr Alan Chenoweth.
Meet the facilitators:
- Jon Womersley is a Certified Environmental Practitioner with more than 30 years of experience advising on environmental and natural resource management, regulatory compliance, due diligence, community engagement and dispute resolution. Jon is a Fellow of the EIANZ and a Past President (2013/2015); a Practitioner Member of the Resolution Institute; and a Fellow of the Institute of Managers and Leaders.
- Alan Chenoweth is an ethicist, CEnvP, Registered Landscape Architect, Adjunct Research Fellow at Griffith University, with a PhD in the ethics of professional environmental practice. Alan is currently a member of the EIANZ Board and an EIANZ Honorary Life Member.
Light afternoon refreshments will be provided. The workshop will formally close at 4.30 pm, followed by networking at a nearby local (drinks and snacks provided).