EIANZ NSW Division 2023 Mentoring Program
Professional mentoring is a powerful tool for environmental professionals at any stage of their career. For students and early career professionals, the workplace can be a challenging environment to navigate and the right choices are not always clear. A positive mentoring partnership can promote confidence, instil ethics, inspire passion and stimulate career growth. For experienced professionals, being a mentor improves leaderships skills and instils confidence in their leadership ability. The responsibility of helping guide someone’s career and goals requires the mentor to teach, motivate and offer honest feedback in difficult conversations.
As a mentee, a positive mentoring relationship will:
- Help you to learn more about the industry, including the differences between real-world work and university
- Allow you to discuss work, career and other topics of interest in a confidential forum
- Connect you to new opportunities and networks of people in the industry
- Put you in a great position moving forward as you can learn from your mentor's lessons throughout their career
As a mentor, you can:
- Contribute to the development of the environmental practice profession
- Develop your leadership and communication skills
- Transfer your skills and knowledge
- Foster talent
- Work towards your CPD hours and points
The 2023 program
EIANZ NSW Division's Mentoring Program will run from March to December 2023. A variety of different events will be held during this program.
- Program introduction – Attend the kick-off event in March, where you can meet your mentor/mentee and learn more about the program.
- Arrange your first mentoring session with your mentor/mentee and agree on the frequency and format of the catch-ups
- Program Support – We will provide regular mentoring themes for guidance and follow-ups on your mentoring relationships throughout the year
- Mid-Year Networking – Attend the mid-year event to allow relationship building and learning from each other's experiences
- End of year celebration – time to reflect and celebrate scheduled for early December 2023
The program is free for mentees who are EIANZ members and $50 for mentees who are not EIANZ members. There is no charge for mentors to be part of this program. Mentee/mentor pairing will be based on survey results.
How to participate?
Registration is a 2-part process. Please complete the mentoring pairing survey by clicking on the teal bottom below. Once you have completed the pairing survey please click on the buttons below to register as either a mentee or mentor.
Register via the mentor or mentee buttons below and complete the mentoring pairing survey in the link below.
Complete the mentoring pairing survey here →
What happens next?
You will be notified of your pairing by the end of February 2023.
Should you have any questions or queries regarding the program please contact Carolay Guarin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any administrative or registration enquiries to email@example.com
We look forward to having you as part of this very rewarding program.