Stuart Worboys, on behalf of the Australian Tropical Herbarium, will provide a short course on plant identification skills at the JCU Douglas Campus.
This course includes both a theoretical and a field work component. The field work component may not be suitable for people with low mobility.
- Review of plant morphology terminology
- Collect specimens in the field, discussing features
- Introduction to the lucid program
- Practice using the Rainforest Key 7th edition
- Demonstration on how to press and document a herbarium specimen
- Practice using keys in the book plants of Magnetic Island
- Sitting an informal test
This course includes both a classroom and field component, all required materials will be provided.
Click here to download the event flyer →
4 - 5 July 2019
James Cook University
Australian Tropical Sciences and Innovation Precinct
ATSIP Building - Conference Room
$485.00 for members and non members
27th Jun 19 11:59 PM
EIANZ Office on 03 8593 4140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now and secure your attendance