This event is designed to give participants practical legal insight into how to manage applications under the Planning Act and referrals under the EPBC Act and be able to identify early key risks and put in place management strategies to proactively address identified risks associated with submission of environmental approval applications.
Meet the speakers:
Kathryn Pacey is a Partner at Clayton Utz and is a recognized expert in all aspects of environment and planning law and holds a strong track record in environment and planning litigation. She helps clients with their obligations under environmental laws, from the day-to-day issues such as site environmental compliance, through to complex and high-profile incident management.
Ian Motti is a highly experienced Senior Associate at Clayton Utz. He advises on approvals strategies for delivery of major projects including environmental assessments.
At the completion of the training participants will:
• Understand the environment and planning legal framework
• Develop an approvals strategy
• Understand the fundamentals of preparing a suitable planning and environment application
• Get tips and tricks for drafting an application
• Understand the importance of community engagement and the social license to operate
• Understand impacts of and changes to the application
• Understand the importance of negotiating conditions
• Understand the post-approval processes and appeals.
Click here to view the program >
This event will be offered as a professional development and networking event in Townsville and via livestream for attendees who cannot make it to Townsville for the event.
Click here to register for the in person event >
Click here to register for the livestream event >
Thanks to our event partner: