EIANZ NSW Division Mentoring Program 2019 –
Expression of Interest
EIANZ NSW Division’s Mentoring Program aims to connect experienced professionals working in the environment industry with less experienced mentees seeking to further their professional development.
Mentoring is a powerful tool as the workplace can be tricky to navigate and the right choices are not always clear.
As a mentee, a positive mentoring relationship can:
- Help you to learn more about the industry, including the differences between real world work and university
- Allow you to discuss work, career and other topics of interest in a confidential forum
- Connect you to new opportunities and networks of people in the environment industry
- Put you in great position moving forward as you can learn from the lessons your mentor has learnt throughout their career.
As a mentor, you can contribute to the development of the environmental practice profession, develop your leadership and communication skills, transfer your skills and knowledge, foster talent as well as work towards your CPD hours.
How does it work?
- Fill out the expression of interest form as a mentor or mentee (see link below).
- All professionals of experience levels are welcome to apply
- The program will be free of charge
- We will match you with a mentor/mentee who we believe based on your responses would have beneficial skills and similar interests to you. We will notify successful pairs by the end of January 2019.
- Priority will be given to EIANZ members in the matching process
- Attend the mentoring kick-off event in early February, where you can meet your mentor/mentee and learn more about the program
- Arrange your first mentoring session with your mentor/mentee and agree on the frequency and format of the catch-ups
- Following this, throughout the year we will hold a few events (with the aim of bringing all participants together to reflect on their successes and to learn from each other) and everything between those times is up to you.
... Click here for Expression of Interest form ...