In June 2019, the list of threatened species and ecological communities under the Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 was amended to include 34 species and 3 ecological communities, to transfer 9 species between listing categories, to remove 6 species and to retain 2 species in their current category. In September 2019, the finalised priority assessment list for the next 12 months was released.
The SEQ Division of the EIANZ is proud to be collaborating with the Ecological Society of Australia to host a forum examining:
- how threatened species and communities are identified, assessed and listed under the EPBC Act;
- how and how often listings are subsequently reviewed;
- how listings are informed by, and applied to, research; and
- the implications of a listing in practice.
Joining us to provide an understanding and insights into this topic are guest speakers:
- Geoff Richardson, Assistant Secretary of the Protected Species and Communities Branch within the Commonwealth Department of Environment and Energy
- Dr David Dique, Office Managing Partner of ERM consultants
- Dr Jeremy Simmonds, postdoctoral research fellow in the Centre for Biodiversity and Conservation Science at the University of Queensland.
This event will count as 2 points towards your EIANZ CEnvP Professional Development Log.
Do you pay your own registration costs to attend? Don't forget to keep your invoice as you may be eligible to claim your education expenses on your tax return.
Full refunds will be given for any cancellations made one week prior to the forum. Cancellations made less than one week but more than 24 hours prior to the forum will attract a 50% penalty. Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to forum will attract the full 100% attendance fee. Delegates unable to attend are welcome to send an alternative delegate.
Thanks to the SEQ Divisional partner:
And our event partner:
30 Oct 2019
- 8:00 PM
Cardno | Brisbane
Level 11, 515 St Paul's Terrace, Fortitude Valley
Student Members $30, EIANZ and ESA Members $75, Non Members $95
10th Oct 19 12:00 AM
30th Oct 19 4:00 PM
Danielle Bolton, SEQ Secretary at email@example.com, 07 5429 8480.
Register now and secure your attendance
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed