Policy & Practice Committee
The Policy and Practice Committee (PPC) responsibilities, pursuant to by-law 4 are:
- identification & collection of environmental policies of government and non-government organizations for reference by members;
- development and documentation of Institute policies on environmental issues as determined by the Council;
- identification and collection of information on environmental practices;
- preparation of Institute environmental best practice notes and publications; and
- advice on professional ethical issues which may arise within the membership.
The PPC meets by teleconference every two months for an hour or so. Richard Hoy is the Chair of the Committee. Typically a member with expertise in a particular area may be asked to prepare a first draft of a required position statement and then all members are encouraged to provide comment on the draft. Most PPC members would spend up to about 2 hours per month on PPC activities.
For further information on the Policy and Practice Committee, please contact Richard Hoy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0400 020 540